Saturday, September 25, 2010

My Greatest Fear

I have never cried so much... the past two days I've been making up a Will and writing my kids letters in the event that Loren and I are both killed in an accident of some kind. I'm sorry if this is so doomsdayish, but I don't want to be the one who thought it could never happen to me. The fact that Loren and I will be leaving on a cruise in a month without our kids for eight days... really has me freaked out, can you tell?

My heart has just been aching at the prospect. I don't want my kids to not remember me, to forget me, to not remember how dearly I love them. My greatest fear is not getting to raise these little souls and get to see all their firsts. These little ones are EVERYTHING to me and I want to be a part of every moment of their lives.

I hope Heavenly Fathers plan for me is the same one I want for myself. What a privilege and a blessing to get to be a Mommy to these incredible little people. I truly have got to cherish every little moment I get to be with them and am so grateful for the blessing it is to be their Mommy.

1 comment:

Shelley Patterson said...

That is a very smart thing to do. I still have yet to do one myself. It is very scary to think that something like that could happen.